Fucking dumb. Idiotic UN.
GENEVA, Nov. 21, 2016 – The UN just elected Saudi Arabia to a 3-year term on its Human Rights Council, and Saudi representative Abdulaziz Alwasil has arrived in Geneva to take up the post.
Membership on the UNHRC gives Saudi Arabia—which has the world’s worst record on women’s rights—the right to vote on, influence and oversee numerous mechanisms, resolutions and initiatives affecting the rights of women worldwide, including:
- Elimination of discrimination against women
- Equal participation [of women] in political and public affairs
- Working Group on the issue of discrimination against women in law and in practice
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Accelerating efforts to eliminate all forms of violence against women
- The right to a nationality: women’s equal nationality rights in law and in practice
- Addressing the impact of multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination and violence in the context of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance on the full enjoyment of all human rights by women and girls
- Annual full day debate on women’s rights
- Annual half-day panel on the integration of a gender perspective
Saudi Arabia Is A Cultural Shithole